As we all know CodeIgniter is a PHP light weight MVC framework .It provide us fast, flexible, and secure techniques to develop PHP based applications.Alpha is released but the available version is not recommended for production use.
What is Code Igniter?
Code Igniter is MVC based framework to build highly available and fast applications. It is very quick in getting started and it has well structured documentation. Here are few main features of CodeIgniter:
- Simple, Clear and easy to understand documentation.
- CI is an MVC framework with a small footprint.
- CI is not restricted to any naming convention or coding rules.
- This is an MVC framework with zero configuration.
- No need to learn about advanced concepts like PEAR.
- Codeigniter gives exceptional performance.
Features in CodeIgniter 4.x
- The earlier versions of CodeIgniter are based on PHP 5.6 or lower but the CodeIgniter 4 will be featured with PHP 7.1 functionality and compatibility.
- It required the *intl* extension of PHP installed in the server.
- If we would like to use CURLRequest, we will need libcurl installed.
- Supported databases are:
- MySQL (5.1+) via the MySQLi driver
- PostgreSQL via the Postgre driver
- SqLite3 via the SQLite3 driver
- CodeIgniter 4 can also be used with command line programs.As per the latest trend most of the frameworks provide CLI usability and library. Since 4.x CodeIgniter is also providing CLI interfaces for different purposes.
- It required the *intl* extension of PHP installed on the server.
- If we would like to use CURLRequest, we will need lib curl installed.
- CodeIgniter 4 can also be used with command-line programs. As per the latest trend, most of the frameworks provide CLI usability and library. Since Codeigniter 4.x the framework will also be providing CLI interfaces for different purposes.
- The following PHP extensions should be enabled on your server:
- If you want to use CURLRequest in your CI application, you will need to install libcurl.
The framework now provides for a public folder, intended as the document root for your app
Directory Structure for CodeIgniter 4.x
A newly installed application has six directories: