If you are looking for a dynamic career where you can contribute creative ideas and are constantly challenged. A career in marketing may be of interest to you, as it covers different fields and is always in flux.
1. Wide field of work
One of the benefits of studying marketing is that it offers a wide field of employment. Your role as a marketing professional may fall within several competencies, be it research, data-driven analysis of consumer behavior, creative idea development, and more.
This provides great career variety and can allow you to experiment with different jobs and find out what area you feel most comfortable in, allowing you to meet your personal preferences.
2. You will gain multidisciplinary knowledge
One of the great advantages of studying marketing is that you will learn about various fields and disciplines. For example, it is normal for the marketing curriculum to include courses in business sciences, social sciences, analytics, mathematics, and more.
As a marketing professional, you will have multidisciplinary knowledge and develop a series of skills in different fields.
3. Career with great labor demand
Marketing in many companies is a fundamental component since it is the method by which companies transmit the attributes of products and services to potential consumers.
According to the report on the demand for occupations from the congress of the republic, communicators specialized in marketing are positioning themselves “as necessary” in small, medium, and large companies.
Likewise, the profile of the marketing professional that is in greatest demand is one that has digital skills.
4. Knowledge of consumer psychology
While studying marketing, you will study consumer behavior to understand the thought process most consumers go through when purchasing a new product or service.
You will also acquire the ability to predict purchasing behavior based on consumer response.
5. Read and understand the data
With the advancement of technology and the explosion of the internet, data collection systems are becoming more efficient; in fact, never before in the history of humanity has it been possible to collect so much information about user behavior.
This advance has brought with it many advantages for companies; however, the large volumes of data do not add value without an adequate interpretation of them.
As a marketing professional, you must learn to manage, interpret and present data correctly, to achieve adequate decision-making that adds value to the company, thus developing your analytical capacity.
6. You will develop communication and negotiation skills
Communication and negotiation skills are an important part of every business role. Every career path involves business communication. Every business needs professionals who can communicate effectively with management, clients, and stakeholders.
As part of the marketing degree, students take subjects that aim to develop their negotiation and communication skills. These skills can teach you how to use analytical thinking and develop strong arguments to achieve your goals quickly and efficiently.
7. You can start your own business
By studying marketing, you will obtain extensive knowledge in strategic business management and will be able to develop a keen sense of consumer needs, in this way you will be able to develop products and services that add value.
The good thing is that all the skills learned during the student stage can be extrapolated to your venture, which will considerably increase the chances of success in your business.
8. Work anywhere in the world
One of the greatest advantages of studying marketing is that companies around the world need marketing to grow, therefore, the knowledge acquired in the degree can be applied to any context.
Also, if you opt for a specialization in digital marketing, you will be able to work remotely from anywhere in the world.
What are the tasks of a digital marketing manager?
This manager supervises the digital marketing strategy applied in the company and his responsibilities are:
- Attract traffic to the company’s website by developing and implementing strategies. As well as give it functionality, improve the design, and content and provide updates, if required.
- Make improvements to the organization’s website and monitor conversion rates.
- Manage and develop digital marketing campaigns.
- Apply PPC and SEO techniques.
- Supervise and optimize the strategies implemented in the company’s social networks.
- Plan, manage and budget everything related to the applicability of digital marketing.
- Create product campaigns and manage the brand on the internet, either through social media, web pages, paid advertising, email marketing, or others.
- Keep the evolution of the company at the forefront, or apply new technologies for this purpose.
- Evaluate customers, the market, and the competition.
- Creation, writing, and publication of content and advertisements.
- Create reports or informative presentations of performance or the results of the work carried out.
Skills of a digital marketing career specialist
Digital public relations
- Develop and raise the status and exposure of the brand, product, or service in the online environment.
- Generation of high-quality links.
- Press releases
- Publications of sponsors, guests, or other initiatives.
SEO: Search Engine Optimization
Ability to effectively create and manage organic search campaigns.
Devise, create and disseminate marketing campaigns through email, with the purpose of attracting potential customers and keeping them interested until they decide to make the purchase, and also inform them about a new product or service, offers, promotions, etc.
Not all social networks are handled in the same way, but the specialist must know a little about all of them, such as what it is for, policies, advertising, and type of content, among others.
Create content that is of quality, memorable, useful, and shareable, and that allows and generates the participation of users or the interested public.
Pay Per Click Advertising (PPC)
Carrying out campaigns in various networks such as Google Ads, as well as paid social advertising.
Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
- Optimize Marketing Funnels
- Improve the conversion rates of a Landing Page (performance of the campaigns and general profitability).
Analysis of data
Measure, analyze and report on the performance of the applied campaigns and make decisions based on that data in order to improve the points that require it.
Website CMS / HTML and CSS
Format the content that appears on a web page through languages such as those described, since they allow:
- Make changes to a website
- Conduct content experiments
- Create and design Landing Pages by your own means.